Senior Database Administrator
Experience: 4-8 Years
|1||Jaipur||Immediate or 30 Days|
We are looking for an experienced Database Administrator for MySQL role who shall be responsible to work Maintenance, Security, Upgrades, Performance Tuning, etc. and to handle a wide range of activities from leading mid to large-size projects. You’ll be part of a team of problem solvers who are passionate about working in a highly dynamic, client-centric technology company. The candidate must possess the ability to think quickly, provide creative and effective solutions for clients through analytical and logical acumen.
- Experience in logical and physical data modeling
- Experience in crafting indexes, SQL queries, and resultant explanation of access paths for optimizing the SQL
- Experience in Linux / Unix operating systems
- Expertise in upgrading and migrating databases to Cloud
- Experience troubleshooting oracle instance/SQL performance issues
- Proficiency in database administration, management, data imports and exports, and developing reports
Good To Have Skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with a demonstrated ability to make difficult concepts easy to understand
- Intermediate knowledge in hardware and networking.
- Experience managing databases. Ability to adapt to varied roles and problem-solving skills
- Good scripting/coding experience with any of the following: Unix Shell, Python and Ruby
- Experience with 24/7 support, backup and recovery practices
- Experience with MongoDB is a plus.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Server and Database Security Administration
- Builds and provides support for entire database schemas
- Develops database utilities and automated reporting
- Analyses and sustains capacity and performance requirements
- Monitors systems and platforms for availability
- Oversees backup, clustering, mirroring, replication and failover, and ensure all jobs complete successfully
- Designs and documents database architecture
- Performs maintenance operations daily, weekly and monthly on MySQL database.
- Implements and maintains database security, permissions and encryption.
- Disaster recovery/high availability, Failover Clustering
- Performs any necessary restorations, database recovery, and troubleshooting for any critical problems