Factors That Determine Which eCommerce Platform Is the Right Fit for Your Business
Every business goes through different challenges and seeks specific solutions for its existence and growth in the industry. While some find it easy to crack the code of logistics of an eCommerce platform from day one, others may take longer to assess what is better for them. In both cases, online businesses need to find an eCommerce platform that aligns with their goals and objectives. Whether you’re just starting or looking to scale up your eCommerce business, plenty of factors will be there that you’ll need to consider before making a final decision. While there is no one-size-fits-all solution, we have penned down some of the essential factors that surely need your attention. Apart from these factors, you can also find some questions at the end of every factor that will further permit you to understand what an ideal e-commerce platform should do for your business.
Analyze Brand Identity
From day one, the foundation of all business is its strong brand identity. When choosing an eCommerce platform, one of the first things you should do is to examine your brand identity and see how it reflects through your eCommerce platform. The first step to making a smart decision is to understand how each eCommerce platform can help you further your brand identity. Below our eCommerce team has provided some of the questions you should be able to answer while selecting the best eCommerce platform for your business.
- What is your brand’s personality like?
- Does your brand align with the features offered by each platform?
- What kind of shopper is most likely to buy from your store?
- How can you tailor your platform to maximize the odds of having shoppers convert?
Checkout eCommerce Platform Capabilities
While you want to opt for a platform that reflects your brand identity, you also want to pick a platform capable of handling your needs. Before you settle on a particular eCommerce platform, take time to explore features, pricing, and support options. One of the best ways to do this is to conduct an eCommerce platform comparison. An eCommerce platform comparison gives you a side-by-side look at the top eCommerce platforms and helps you identify which eCommerce features matter most to your business.
- Are you getting a hosted solution?
- Is the platform scalable?
- What integrations are available?
- Will it be easy for the team to manage?
- How does each eCommerce platform compare to your current website?
- How will the eCommerce platform be able to change and meet your needs?
- What features and functionality does the platform offer?
- Does the platform allow you to customize and automate tasks?
- Do you want to be able to process payments through your website?
- Are you looking for eCommerce marketing tools?
- Do you want integration with your CRM or ERP systems?
Assess Current and Future Needs
Even if you are just getting started, there is a good chance that you need to hire someone to help manage your eCommerce platform at some point. Whether this is something you do in-house or hire a third-party company, it’s important to consider the current and future capabilities of your workforce. It is useful to understand what you’re getting yourself into before selecting an eCommerce platform. Depending on your business, hiring an in-house team or selecting a managed solution can be a viable option. Assessing your current and future workforce capability can help you make the right decision when selecting an eCommerce platform.
- How much does your team currently consist of?
- Are you able to hire contractors or is it critical to outsource certain tasks?
- How much time do you have to dedicate to managing your eCommerce platform?
- Do you have the in-house skill set or budget for a managed solution?
- How easily do your employees understand how to use the software?
- Is there a clear path for career advancement within your organization?
Some of the factors that you need to answer before you give your confirmation for the eCommerce platform for your business. As you compare and contrast the eCommerce platforms available, it’s important to identify which features and selling points are most important to your business. Our team of eCommerce experts, designers, and marketers have done extensive research in understanding the market and what all goes into creating a solution-oriented eCommerce platform.
We have created eCommfy, a digitally advanced eCommerce platform that can offer reliable and faster solutions for today’s modern businesses standing at different levels of growth. If you are an offline business that wishes to go online to enhance your reach or looking to modify from an old eCommerce platform to a new and updated one, we can surely help. Get in touch with our eCommerce experts and experience the best of eCommerce for your business.
Written by Sarvika Technologies
Sarvika Tech is a team of young, energetic, and technology-loving people on the journey to help companies achieve their goals by supporting their IT needs. In a nutshell, we are a people’s company where the priority is their knowledge enhancement and career development. We believe that focusing on our most important asset, the team, will enable us to push boundaries and deliver ingenious IT solutions.