- It distracts you from completing the tasks in hand.
- Work keeps piling up and we are not able to meet deadlines, or they’re met just in time. And this ultimately leaves us mentally exhausted.
- 10-minutes on social media turns into an hour sojourn within the blink of an eye.
- You will feel that guilty conscious kick-in about spending too much time on social media even when you have unfinished work. That guilt further multiplies and kills the confidence to complete any job.
- You just keep thinking about achieving great heights or traveling to fancy locations like your friends or acquaintances; wasting the much-needed efforts to turn that dream into reality with actions.
- And the list of negative impacts is endless coz it varies from user to user.
What is the solution?There are only two practical solutions that can help you maintain a distance from your smartphone while at work.
- Do not connect your phone to the internet. You won’t receive any bugging notification to distract your attention from tasks, or
- Simply place your phone inside the workstation drawer. The phone will still be in your reach but away from your sight to cause any distraction.
But the real question is: are you a prisoner to your phone? If yes, then are you willing to change?